The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics - for example, name and contact details
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the purpose of establishing contact to discuss the potential engagement of our services.
We use the information that you have given us in order to contact you directly to discuss the specific requirements provided by you
We will not share this information with any other person or organisation Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored within our business instance in the Hubspot CRM product.
We retain your contact details for the duration of the engagement with us. We will then dispose of your information by deleting this from our business instance in the Hubspot CRM product.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Our contact details
Please contact us by any of the following methods if you wish to make a request.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing: S Chesterton Limited. 71-75 Shelton Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ
- Telephone: +44 (0)7966 102618
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us using any of the contact methods listed above
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk